What does the term “sexiness” mean to you? Is it a certain body part or is it the whole package? Can a person only be sexy in his/her 20s? How about 70s? Or 80 years old? Can sexiness be referred to movement too e.g. how they eat, speak or work etc?
In 2015, a study published by Queen’s University, Canada, revealed that it was the whole appearance rather than the individual features. Participants were shown various individual body shaped (with their respective customized moving dots) that also portrayed movement. Based on that, they indicate the attractiveness rating of each body form.
Naturally, men and women have different ideas of what they find attractive in the opposite sex.
For men, they apparently like these physical qualities, for e.g.:
- Skin – clean clear skin
- Healthy hair – an indication of good health
- Big boobs – no surprise here, though it would be good if there is a hourglass ratio between the breasts and waist
- A wider waist-to-hip ratio – around 7:10, because this reflects the childbirth ability (big hips are better for delivery)
- Booty – the rounder the posterior, the better…
- Legs – a pair of slender/toned legs
And non-physical qualities:
- Humour – women who can laugh at their jokes
- Mirror – women who subtly mirror their actions
You can’t be a sexy person unless you have something to offer. With me, it’s my voice: the way I sing, the way I express myself when I sing.
~ Tom Jones
For women, these physical qualities attract them:
- Height – a reasonably good height to make women feel protected
- Deep voice – a manly voice
- Facial hair – the stubble or that five o’clock shadow, or the goatee
- Buff built – well-developed muscles indicates great strength and health
And these non-physical qualities:
- Being a handy man – it is sexy if a man can effortlessly fix things at home, or the car…
- Listening – a good man is one who listens
- Romantic – a woman’s every dream
- A sense of humour – this equates to intelligence
- Altruism – this reveals the good and kind character underpinning the man’s motivation
- Has a pet – a babe magnet
And of course, honesty, humility, confidence are all attractive traits in both sexes. While many of us are born who we are, there are many things we can do to attract a good mate:
BODY – Keep yourself healthy; regularly exercise to maintain fitness and health, and go for a healthy diet. Good posture and a dazzling smile won’t hurt your chances!
MIND – Be aware of what is going on around you, whether in your social circle, the happenings in your country, and of course world affairs.
CONFIDENCE – Invest in a genuine personality. Be confident of yourself, especially your talents. Be in love with life and all it has to offer. Above all, learn to be resilient in the face of adversity in life.
Last of all, be a good lover with your other half. The world does not now revolve around you. Be attentive to his/her needs and always be there to support.
A lot of people have told me, “You’re not this and so can’t play that,” and I can’t tell you the amount of times I’ve been told I’m not sexy. I just go: “I’m a lot of things. Just because I don’t wear my sexiness overtly doesn’t mean that I can’t become that girl for a role.
~ Anne Hathaway